ASCOT, Berkshire U.K., July 5th 2011 – Silwood Technology Ltd today announces the release of Saphir 5.5, the latest version of the world’s leading solution for solving the challenge enterprise application structure and relationship discovery.
Saphir 5.5 includes major improvements which add to the overall productivity of the software together with a new Discovery method which simplifies the process and complements Saphir.
Amongst the main enhancements are:
- Greater user control over the level of detail to be exported from Saphir to tools such as IBM System Architect, CA Erwin, Embarcadero ER/Studio, SAP Sybase PowerDesigner, PitneyBowes and ASG. These additional capabilities provide greater flexibility to the end user.
- A new structured approach which accelerates the data discovery process and provides a more robust foundation when building data warehouses, rationalisation applications, integrating or migrating data or considering how to implement a successful master data management initiative. The methodology uses straightforward, systematic steps to discover the metadata in the Saphir repository.
- Faster and more comprehensive search and filtering capabilities by the addition of new features which allow for user defined subject areas to be excluded from the results.
- Better features to further assist the discovery process and improve productivity, such as multi selection of tables, additional reporting facilities and simplified search menus.
- Advanced facilities to search for specific elements in the application hierarchy as well as in the overview model.
- Some features have been amended or added to ensure maximum compatibility with the latest versions of the supported Enterprise applications (SAP, SAP BW, Oracle eBusiness Suite, PeopleSoft Enterprise, PeopleSoft EntepriseOne (was JD Edwards) and Siebel).
Graham Simpson Managing Director of Silwood Technology commented:
“As organisations increasingly look to gain more from their investment in Enterprise software packages through successful Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence, Data Integration and Migration, Master Data Management and Application rationalisation projects, so we continue to see strong demand for detailed metadata intelligence in standard and customised Enterprise Applications.
“In addition businesses are looking for tools and solutions which enable them to be more agile, either to react to change more quickly or to try to gain competitive advantage by leveraging their IT assets and embracing innovation.
“We are delighted to announce the immediate availability of Saphir 5.5 which has been developed in response both to these demands and to requests by customers and partners for new features and capabilities. These have all been designed to improve the user experience, enhance productivity and accelerate the discovery process through the development of a method built specifically with these imperatives in mind.�
Note to customers & partners: Saphir v5.5 is available for immediate release.
Please contact email@example.com for full information on functionality, support for specific Enterprise Applications and upgrade procedures.
About Silwood Technology Ltd
Silwood Technology Ltd is a leading supplier of enterprise modeling & metadata management tools.
The company has pioneered the use of metadata extraction and analysis for the purpose of building accurate data models of Enterprise Applications including SAP, SAP BW, Siebel, PeopleSoft Enterprise, JD Edwards EnterpriseOne and Oracle E-business Suite.
Silwood markets Saphir both directly and via relationships with key tools vendors such as CA, IBM, and ASG.
For further information contact:
Sue Edwards (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Silwood Technology Ltd,
SBC, Silwood Park, Ascot,
Berkshire, SL5 7PW, UK
Note: SAP is the trademark or registered trademarks of SAP AG. All other company and product names may be trade names or trademarks of their respective owners.