Safyr® for Salesforce Metadata Visualization and Discovery – powerful exploration software to access, understand and exploit your metadata.
Safyr® for Salesforce is a powerful metadata visualization and discovery technology product that your data analysts and data scientists can use to gain insight into and exploit the data architecture in your own customized Salesforce systems. This is a critical task for accelerating effective delivery of a wide range of information led projects. You utilise it to speed up the source data discovery process for many projects such as data catalog, data governance, data warehouse, data analytics, master data, data integration, data migration and more.
Whether you are looking for a single table in Salesforce (e.g. Account, Contact, Lead), with its details and relationships with other tables; or hundreds of tables for your enterprise data catalog Safyr for Salesforce will be of value to you.
Customers use Safyr to solve the 3 challenges associated with Salesforce Metadata Discovery.
Discovery: Locating the source of the useful, business ready metadata in your applications.
Scoping and curation: Once the metadata has been located, the next challenge is to find the table or tables necessary for your task and save them for use in other tools and systems. It is not possible to save subsets of your Salesforce metadata in Schema Builder.
Delivery: The final hurdle is to provision the metadata into other tools and technical formats. These include data catalog and governance solutions such as Collibra, Informatica EDC, Alation, Infogix, ASG and Adaptive as well as data modeling tools such as ER/Studio, erwin or SAP PowerDesigner. Or you might want to use the information in Excel, CSV, XML or JSON formats.
Safyr is particularly useful when you need to:
- Enable Salesforce metadata to be incorporated into data catalog, data glossary, data governance (e.g. for CCPA and GDPR), data analytics and master data management projects
- Create & maintain a mirror of Salesforce tables in an RDBMS for reporting and analysis
- Compare 2 Salesforce instances for change control and data management purposes
- Expose Salesforce metadata to those who need to be able to understand it quickly to accelerate your onboarding process, or to those who are not Salesforce developers
- Understand Salesforce metadata using ‘Industrial Strength’ modelling tools
From Philip Howard, Bloor Research
“Increasing numbers of larger and more complex (Salesforce) applications are being deployed, and the need to explore and understand the underlying model that underpins these applications is becoming more urgent.”